Thousands attended science fiction event Nor-Con in Norwich
Thousands of science fiction fans descended upon the city this weekend for the annual Nor-Con Norwich convention.
Fans met their heroes including Robert Llewellyn who played Kryten in Red Dwarf, Colin Baker who played the sixth Doctor Who and Nicola Perry who played his assistant.
Norwich sci-fi club chairman, Mark Dean, said: 'It has been phenomenal, it was better than we could have expected. We keep growing year on year.'
The event, which was held at the Holiday Inn Norwich North yesterday, attracted more than 3,000 fans, with many sporting fancy dress outfits.
The convention, which is now in its third year, also helped to raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC), the renal unit at the James Paget hospital and Suffolk help in multiple sclerosis.
*To see more photos from the event log on to www.eveningnews24.co.uk
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre