Nearly 7,500 people apply to be extras for Danny Boyle movie
- Credit: PA
Nearly 7,500 people have applied to be extras in a Danny Boyle film being shot on a Norfolk beach, only 24 hours after the call went out to fill the 5,000 spots.
The thousands of extras are needed for a concert scene which is being filmed on Gorleston beach on Wednesday, June 27.
The film, which also stars Suffolk pop superstar Ed Sheeran, has been written by Richard Curtis and is understood to be set in a world where The Beatles never existed.
Curtis's long-term partner, writer and broadcaster Emma Freud tweeted on Tuesday: 'Yesterday we tweeted our search for 5000 people who are happy to be unpaid concert spectators for the film we're making with Danny Boyle.
'Today we registered the 7,400th person! Twitter - you are INCREDIBLE. Thank you everyone who tweeted it. After 24 hours we are full!'
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month, the film-makers were seen in Halesworth and Gorleston Ocean Room.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall