Nearly 7,500 people apply to be extras for Danny Boyle movie
- Credit: PA
Nearly 7,500 people have applied to be extras in a Danny Boyle film being shot on a Norfolk beach, only 24 hours after the call went out to fill the 5,000 spots.
The thousands of extras are needed for a concert scene which is being filmed on Gorleston beach on Wednesday, June 27.
The film, which also stars Suffolk pop superstar Ed Sheeran, has been written by Richard Curtis and is understood to be set in a world where The Beatles never existed.
Curtis's long-term partner, writer and broadcaster Emma Freud tweeted on Tuesday: 'Yesterday we tweeted our search for 5000 people who are happy to be unpaid concert spectators for the film we're making with Danny Boyle.
'Today we registered the 7,400th person! Twitter - you are INCREDIBLE. Thank you everyone who tweeted it. After 24 hours we are full!'
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month, the film-makers were seen in Halesworth and Gorleston Ocean Room.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life