Thorpe Players need a guitarist for their new show
A drama group based near Norwich is in need of a guitarist for its latest show.
In a musical first for the Thorpe Players, the group has had a special musical score written for its September production of Moliere's show Don Juan.
But while it has the singers and a percussionist to take the music from the page to the stage, it is still searching for a guitarist.
Show director Jim Green explained the music had been composed by his son Andrew, a music graduate, but he was unable to take part in the performances because he was away during the show's run at Roxley Hall. Mr Green said: 'This is very much a first for us. We have never had somebody write music for a show for us before. We are looking for a guitarist to help us push our creative boundaries, and do something we have not done before. We are looking for someone who can read music and is a competent musician.'
Written by 17th-century French playwright Moliere, Don Juan is a comedy about the antics of a serial Casanova.
'Don Juan attempts to marry almost everybody he sees while everyone else tries to convince him this is not a particularly good idea because it upsets people!' Mr Green said.
'The show is great fun and has lots of great characters.'
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 4 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 5 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
Founded in 1972, the Thorpe Players have performed more than 100 productions.
Guitarists interested in taking part in Don Juan should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07758 708837. The show is being performed at Roxley Hall, in Yarmouth Road, from September 27-29 at 7.30pm each night. Tickets cost �7. To book call 01603 702777.
For more information visit www.thorpe-players.co.uk
Are you involved in a new arts project in Norwich? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com