Thorpe Players need a guitarist for their new show
A drama group based near Norwich is in need of a guitarist for its latest show.
In a musical first for the Thorpe Players, the group has had a special musical score written for its September production of Moliere's show Don Juan.
But while it has the singers and a percussionist to take the music from the page to the stage, it is still searching for a guitarist.
Show director Jim Green explained the music had been composed by his son Andrew, a music graduate, but he was unable to take part in the performances because he was away during the show's run at Roxley Hall. Mr Green said: 'This is very much a first for us. We have never had somebody write music for a show for us before. We are looking for a guitarist to help us push our creative boundaries, and do something we have not done before. We are looking for someone who can read music and is a competent musician.'
Written by 17th-century French playwright Moliere, Don Juan is a comedy about the antics of a serial Casanova.
You may also want to watch:
'Don Juan attempts to marry almost everybody he sees while everyone else tries to convince him this is not a particularly good idea because it upsets people!' Mr Green said.
'The show is great fun and has lots of great characters.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 5 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
Founded in 1972, the Thorpe Players have performed more than 100 productions.
Guitarists interested in taking part in Don Juan should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07758 708837. The show is being performed at Roxley Hall, in Yarmouth Road, from September 27-29 at 7.30pm each night. Tickets cost �7. To book call 01603 702777.
For more information visit www.thorpe-players.co.uk
Are you involved in a new arts project in Norwich? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com