Thetford’s Great Festival to show town’s heritage and artistic talent
- Credit: Archant
A two-week extravaganza of art, dance, music, history and more is getting under way tonight at Thetford's Great Festival.
Now in its seventh year, the festival's packed programme will see more than 60 events across the town and surrounding area until September 4.
Kicking off with the Shadwell Colouring competition – which sees local schools decorate a moon-gazing hare – everything from Shakespeare to a barn dance will draw in the crowds.
Organised by Thetford Town Council, its highlights include an outdoor performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream in the grounds of Lynford Hall on August 25, a show from the Honington Voluntary Band at the Carnegie on September 2, and a 40s and 50s Garden Party at King's House on September 4.
A number of family events is also on the programme, including a family fun day at the Black Horse on August 28 and the Ancient House Museum's Discovery Day – Vicious Vikings, on August 31.
You may also want to watch:
Tina Cunnell, acting town clerk, said the festival was a chance for the community to come together.
Not only is the schedule packed, but most events are free to attend.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
Tickets still on sale can be bought from Leaping Hare by calling 01842 751975 or 07802 701911.
You can also visit www.thetfordsgreatfestival.org