The Wonderful Wizard of Oz coming to Hoveton
- Credit: Jo Collyer Photgraphy
An exciting new production of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz will make its debut in Hoveton next month.
The imaginative musical play will be performed by the Wherry Entertainers.
The amazing adventures of young Dorothy Gale will be brought to life and audiences should expect a charming and uplifting show for all the family, that has been written and produced in Norfolk.
True to the original story, there are four witches that live in the Land of Oz and when Dorothy's house is swept up in a cyclone and lands spectacularly right on top of the Wicked Witch of the East, four soon become three.
The much loved characters of the Scarecrow, Tinman and the Cowardly Lion will delight audiences as they forge a friendship and travel with Dorothy to the Emerald City.
Audience members will be able to join the four friends, as they seek help from the Wizard of Oz and their struggles against the Wicked Witch of the West, who will stop at nothing to take the magic shoes from Dorothy.
Also, making his first debut on stage, is the adorable dog Harvey, who is guaranteed to steal the show as Dorothy's faithful companion Toto.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
The Cowardly Lion is played by Suzanne Morris; the Scarecrow is played by Lily Gant; Dorothy is played by Georgia Snaddon; and Tinman is played by Will Caton. Toto is Georgia's real life dog.
Tickets cost £5 for adults and £3 for children.
The Wonderfulzard of Oz will be performed at Broadland High School, Tunstead Road, Hoveton, on Thursday February 6, Friday February 7 at 7.30pm.
Matinee performances will be held on Saturday February 8 and Sunday February 9 at 2pm.
Tickets are available from Broads Tours of Wroxham and Truly Local of Stalham. Discounts will be on offer when theatre-goers buy 10 or more tickets.
Call 01692 580339 for more information or visit The Wherry Entertainers Facebook page.
The Wizard of Oz is a 1939 American musical fantasy adventure film based on the novel dating back to 1900 called The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum.
It starred Judy Garland as Dorothy who sang Over the Rainbow.
As well as the witches, the musical film featured the Munchkins and flying monkeys. The film was nominated for six Academy Awards.