The Wonderful Wizard of Oz coming to Hoveton
- Credit: Jo Collyer Photgraphy
An exciting new production of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz will make its debut in Hoveton next month.
The imaginative musical play will be performed by the Wherry Entertainers.
The amazing adventures of young Dorothy Gale will be brought to life and audiences should expect a charming and uplifting show for all the family, that has been written and produced in Norfolk.
True to the original story, there are four witches that live in the Land of Oz and when Dorothy's house is swept up in a cyclone and lands spectacularly right on top of the Wicked Witch of the East, four soon become three.
The much loved characters of the Scarecrow, Tinman and the Cowardly Lion will delight audiences as they forge a friendship and travel with Dorothy to the Emerald City.
You may also want to watch:
Audience members will be able to join the four friends, as they seek help from the Wizard of Oz and their struggles against the Wicked Witch of the West, who will stop at nothing to take the magic shoes from Dorothy.
Also, making his first debut on stage, is the adorable dog Harvey, who is guaranteed to steal the show as Dorothy's faithful companion Toto.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 4 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
The Cowardly Lion is played by Suzanne Morris; the Scarecrow is played by Lily Gant; Dorothy is played by Georgia Snaddon; and Tinman is played by Will Caton. Toto is Georgia's real life dog.
Tickets cost £5 for adults and £3 for children.
The Wonderfulzard of Oz will be performed at Broadland High School, Tunstead Road, Hoveton, on Thursday February 6, Friday February 7 at 7.30pm.
Matinee performances will be held on Saturday February 8 and Sunday February 9 at 2pm.
Tickets are available from Broads Tours of Wroxham and Truly Local of Stalham. Discounts will be on offer when theatre-goers buy 10 or more tickets.
Call 01692 580339 for more information or visit The Wherry Entertainers Facebook page.
The Wizard of Oz is a 1939 American musical fantasy adventure film based on the novel dating back to 1900 called The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum.
It starred Judy Garland as Dorothy who sang Over the Rainbow.
As well as the witches, the musical film featured the Munchkins and flying monkeys. The film was nominated for six Academy Awards.