The Who frontman Roger Daltrey to play at Blickling Hall in Norfolk
Rock legend Roger Daltrey will be wowing rock fans at an open-air concert at Blickling Hall near Aylsham in the summer.
The frontman of The Who will be performing the band's greatest hits at the stately home on Friday July 22.
In his long-running role with The Who, Daltrey sold around 100 million records, had 27 top 40 singles in the UK and US and landed 17 top 10 albums, with 18 gold, 12 platinum and five multi-platinum awards in the US alone.
The Who have a following that has spanned the generations - with Jack Black proclaiming them 'the greatest band of all time' - and were admitted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990.
Speaking on behalf of the Blickling concert organisers, spokesman Dion Clements said: 'We're absolutely thrilled to bring one of rock and roll's greatest singers and musicians to Blickling. It's such a coup for us, the venue and the area as a whole.'
It will be a long-awaited return to Blickling Hall for Daltrey, who performed there in 1999.
? For more information, or to book tickets, visit www.nationalboxoffice.co.uk or call 0871 224 1112/1113. Tickets go on sale on Monday, May 2.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages