The UK’s largest Gin Festival returns to Norwich this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Gin Festival Norwich is back for another year at Open on Bank Plain, promising to be bigger and better than ever before.
The country's largest gin festival returns to Norfolk this weekend with over 100 gins on offer, plus loads of new activities for gin lovers to get involved with.
Launched in 2012 by Jym and Marie Harris, GinFestival.com has been helping Brits to rediscover the merits of a great gin and tonic for the past four years, with their festivals now taking place at more than 30 different locations around the UK.
A brand new type of gin, Tarquins 'Single Estate Tea' gin, made with tea from the Tregothnan estate and created especially for the 2016 festivals, will be available over the weekend for visitors to sample.
Broken down into five sessions over three days, the event will run on Friday 8, Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 across the afternoons and evenings.
You may also want to watch:
Friday and Saturday sessions have already sold out, but tickets are still available for the remaining Sunday sessions, the first of which will take place from 12pm to 4.30pm and the latter from 6pm until 10.30pm.
Jym Harris, Gin Festival Co-Founder said: 'This is our second year in Norwich and we chose to return to Open as it worked so well last year. Being an old banking hall, the space is beautiful and adds character and atmosphere to our event. It's great to be in the home of so many great gins, including Black Shuck who are showcasing at our event for the first time.'
- 1 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 4 Pedestrian dies following collision with a bus on A146
- 5 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
- 6 'How can they do this to mum' - Anger as 87-year-old dumped at care home
- 7 Norfolk teacher, preacher and scout leader indecently assaulted four boys
- 8 Road in west Norfolk still closed seven hours after 'very serious' crash
- 9 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Fourteen green spaces in Norfolk named among best in UK
Tickets for the event are £7.50 (plus booking fee) and this price includes a free Gin Festival glass, brochure and pen. Drinks tokens for gin, which are priced at £5 per drink, will be available from the front desk.
Live entertainment, including talks from industry experts, will be taking place over the weekend and various food will be on offer.
The event is strictly for those aged 18 and over and visitors may be required to show ID to prove their age upon entry.
• To book tickets visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gin-festival-norwich-2016-tickets-24103166219#tickets