Windband seek new members to play short well-know pieces
- Credit: Archant
The Sillars Windband is looking to increase its numbers and invite wind players to join.
The band would especially like more brass players, but any musical instrument is welcome.
The Sillars Windband is a small, friendly group that meets on Tuesday evenings at the United Reform Church on Ipswich Road, Norwich.
Members give about four concerts each year at churches and residential homes.
No examination grades are necessary and there are no auditions.
You may also want to watch:
Formed in 2005, the band takes its name from Archie Sillars, founder of the Sillars Light Orchestra in 1926.
The band plays short pieces which are easy to listen to and often well-known.
More information is available at www.sillarswindband.org
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 10 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
They can be contacted on email@example.com or phone Robin on 01603 454491 or Jenny on 01508 538872.