Windband seek new members to play short well-know pieces
- Credit: Archant
The Sillars Windband is looking to increase its numbers and invite wind players to join.
The band would especially like more brass players, but any musical instrument is welcome.
The Sillars Windband is a small, friendly group that meets on Tuesday evenings at the United Reform Church on Ipswich Road, Norwich.
Members give about four concerts each year at churches and residential homes.
No examination grades are necessary and there are no auditions.
You may also want to watch:
Formed in 2005, the band takes its name from Archie Sillars, founder of the Sillars Light Orchestra in 1926.
The band plays short pieces which are easy to listen to and often well-known.
More information is available at www.sillarswindband.org
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
They can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Robin on 01603 454491 or Jenny on 01508 538872.