Windband seek new members to play short well-know pieces
- Credit: Archant
The Sillars Windband is looking to increase its numbers and invite wind players to join.
The band would especially like more brass players, but any musical instrument is welcome.
The Sillars Windband is a small, friendly group that meets on Tuesday evenings at the United Reform Church on Ipswich Road, Norwich.
Members give about four concerts each year at churches and residential homes.
No examination grades are necessary and there are no auditions.
You may also want to watch:
Formed in 2005, the band takes its name from Archie Sillars, founder of the Sillars Light Orchestra in 1926.
The band plays short pieces which are easy to listen to and often well-known.
More information is available at www.sillarswindband.org
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
They can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Robin on 01603 454491 or Jenny on 01508 538872.