The Script set to play Thetford Forest
- Credit: Halestorm PR
The chart-topping Irish trio are the third headliners confirmed for next summer's series of live gigs with what will be their fourth appearance at High Lodge.
Irish trio The Script are set to headline one of the summer live music nights at Thetford Forest Live.
The band will play at the High Lodge outdoor venue on Thursday June 7. It will be the fourth time they have appeared at Thetford Forest having previously appeared in 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Tickets for next summer's gig go on sale on Friday, December 1 at 9am.
Having sold 30 million records in their 12-year career, the band, made up of Danny O'Donoghue on lead vocals and the keyboard, Mark Sheehan as lead guitarist and Glen Power as drummer, have been nominated for two Brit Awards.
You may also want to watch:
Their latest release, Freedom Child, topped the UK album chart, scoring the band their fourth UK number one.
Dublin-born lead singer Danny O'Donoghue is also well known from his time judging The Voice UK during its first two series on the BBC.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 5 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 6 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
The Script are the third headliners announced for next summer's series of Thetford Forest live gigs. Gary Barlow will play an already sold-out date on June 8, while Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott will appear on June 9. The headliners for a gig on June 10 have still to be announced.
The Script formed in the early noughties and released their first EP in 2005, before their debut album came out in 2008, peaking at number one in the UK charts.
Follow-up albums Science and Faith and No Sound Without Silence have spawned anthemic pop/rock singles including We Cry, The Man Who Can't Be Moved, For The First Time, Hall Of Fame (featuring will.i.am) and Superheroes.
Commenting on the gig, Danny O'Donoghue said, 'We love performing as part of Forest Live. It will be our fourth trip to Thetford Forest. We hope you can join us to rock in this unique atmosphere.'
• The Script will be performing at Thetford Forest on June 7. Tickets £42.50 (plus £4.75 booking fee) will go on sale at 9am on Friday, December 1. To book, call the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or visit forestry.gov.uk/music