The Script perform secret show in Norfolk for super fan and her family
- Credit: Claire Poole
The Script took a break from their sell-out arena tour to put on a special show for a superfan who has experienced some tough times.
Single mum Claire Poole, from Thetford, lost her mum to breast cancer when she was young and later lost her husband Carl, who suffered a heart attack when he was only 33.
As a result she was nominated for ITV's Your Song show, hosted by Emma Willis, which sees famous artists surprise fans who have endured difficulties in their lives.
Ms Poole was nominated by her friend Steph Bullock, who said: 'I'm nominating my best friend Claire because she's an amazing mum to her daughter Abbie.'
In scenes aired on Sunday, October 22 Ms Bullock took viewers on a tour of her friend's house, which was filled with items relating to The Script, including three copies of their latest album, a tour flag, biographies and a cushion with their faces on.
You may also want to watch:
However being a superfan wasn't the only reason Ms Poole was nominated.
Ms Bullock added: 'She carried on so strong for Abbie, just to give Abbie that life that she was meant to be having with daddy.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
'I think if we can give them anything to make them smile, it's a surprise like this and it's the least that they deserve.'
Her story left Emma Willis in tears.
The mother and daughter were taken to a secret location where their friends had gathered. A curtain dropped to reveal The Script, who sang their new song Rain.
The host thanked the band for taking part. Lead singer Danny O'Donoghue replied: 'As soon as we found out what was going on we had to come down.'
Following the performance, he told Ms Poole: 'There's so much love in this room and when you started losing it I nearly started losing it in the middle of the song. I was like: 'I'm too cool for this, I'm wearing a leather jacket, I'm not supposed to cry on television.''
Ms Poole described the experience as 'a dream come true' and shared photos with the band on Twitter.