The Script and Blondie to play in Thetford Forest
Dublin's finest The Script and iconic group Blondie will be performing in Thetford Forest next year as part of the Forest Live concerts.
The group, who released their debut album in 2009, will be performing near Brandon, Suffolk, on Thursday, July 11.
It was announced earlier today that Blondie, fronted by pop icon Debbie Harry, will be playing on Saturday, June 15, and will be supported by The Lightning Seeds.
Tickets for both performances go on sale at 9am on Friday, December 7, and will cost �32.50 for The Script and �36 for Blondie.
They can be bought by ringing the Foresty Commission box office on 03000 680400 or visiting www.foresty.gov.uk/music
You may also want to watch:
Danny O'Donoghue, lead vocalist for The Script, said: 'We loved our Thetford Forest debut to a sell-out crowd in 2011 and can't wait to get back on that stage again. Hope to see you there.'
Following the band's debut album, the Script broke America then everywhere from Asia to South Africa with songs including We Cry, The Man Who Can't Be Moved, Nothing and For The First Time.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
Their third and latest album release, entitled #3, includes the hits Six Degrees Of Separation and Hall Of Fame.
Blondie emerged from New York and had a stash of hit singles over 20 years, including Denis, Heart of Glass, Call Me, The Tide is High and Maria.
The first act to be announced for next year's Forest Live concerts at Thetford Forest was Paul Weller, who will play on Friday, July 12.
The gigs are part of the Forestry Commission's annual summer programme of live music across seven of the country's forests.
Income from the Forest Live ticket sales is spent on improving local forests for both people and wildlife.
For more information about The Script and Blondie, visit www.thescriptmusic.com and www.blondie.net