The Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Watch the Showstoppers close the show in spectacular style LIVE
- Credit: Archant
The Royal Norfolk Show is coming to a close in spectacular style with a very special performance by the Showstoppers Choir of a Thousand.
An array of community and school choirs have joined forces to form the mass choir, and during this year's closing ceremony in the Grand Ring they are performing Things Grow, a new song created to mark the show's 2017 theme of Celebrating the Arts.
The song - which is a celebration of Norfolk, the countryside, and our whole planet - was composed by Cheryl Frances-Hoad with lyrics by Molly Naylor, and the Showstoppers' choirmaster is Mark De-Lisser from TV's The Voice.
Norwich soprano singer Emma Nuule is also accompanying the Showstoppers choir in the Grand Ring, leading a performance of the national anthem.
The Royal Norfolk Show's closing ceremony also features members of the emergency services, armed forces and voluntary groups.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 10 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers