The Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Can you spot yourself in our gallery?
- Credit: Ian Burt
The first day of The Royal Norfolk Show 2017 has drawn to a close and despite the rain, tens of thousands of visitors headed out to the showground to enjoy the opening today - were you one of them?
Organisers said the event 'held up well' despite the rain creating some challenging conditions throughout the morning.
Estimates are that more than 70mm of rain (2.75 inches) has fallen on the Costessey showground since Tuesday afternoon.
Around 80,000 people are expected to visit the event, which is now in its 155th year, over the two-day period.
Show director, Mark Nicholas, said: 'The show ground has been really busy and lots of people have refused to let the weather get the better of them.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'The forecast is looking good for tomorrow and the great thing is that we run all of this again.
'Tomorrow is also really important as we have the climax of the show, which is the show stoppers community choir and I'm sure that will draw in a lot of people.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police
• Did you attend the Royal Norfolk Show today? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.