The Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Can you spot yourself in our gallery?
- Credit: Ian Burt
The first day of The Royal Norfolk Show 2017 has drawn to a close and despite the rain, tens of thousands of visitors headed out to the showground to enjoy the opening today - were you one of them?
Organisers said the event 'held up well' despite the rain creating some challenging conditions throughout the morning.
Estimates are that more than 70mm of rain (2.75 inches) has fallen on the Costessey showground since Tuesday afternoon.
Around 80,000 people are expected to visit the event, which is now in its 155th year, over the two-day period.
Show director, Mark Nicholas, said: 'The show ground has been really busy and lots of people have refused to let the weather get the better of them.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'The forecast is looking good for tomorrow and the great thing is that we run all of this again.
'Tomorrow is also really important as we have the climax of the show, which is the show stoppers community choir and I'm sure that will draw in a lot of people.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
• Did you attend the Royal Norfolk Show today? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.