The Private Music, Eye
MICHAEL DRAKE Currently in residency in Wingfield, The Private Music is a talented young trio of instrumentalists with soprano voice.
Currently in residency in Wingfield, The Private Music a talented young trio of instrumentalists with soprano voice, enhanced their glowing reputation in bringing the pleasures of Baroque to their audiences, when all but one of their programme last evening at Eye Church was of music by Handel.
Collected by Viscount Fitzwilliam, much of it in his museum in Cambridge, all of it gave a much more intimate picture of the composer than the Messiah image although Alleluia, with the anticipated joyous outburst utterly suited to the clear tones of Hedvig Eriksson, was subtly controlled and splendidly projected.
Introductions were given by harpsichordist Silas Standage, whose keyboard skills encompassed the variety of music, with Matthew Truscott (violin) and Abby Wall (cello) in a refreshing concert of almost gay abandon.
The odd piece out was a rather uninspiring cello sonata by Geminiani.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 10 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches