The Nimmo Twins, Norwich
JOHN LAWSON The British have an innate ability to laugh at themselves – and the people of Norfolk doubly so: which is just as well with the Nimmo Twins around.
The British have an innate ability to laugh at themselves – and the people of Norfolk doubly so: which is just as well with the Nimmo Twins around.
Norfolk's most popular comedy exports leave no stone unrolled, no reputation intact during over two hours of sketches in Normal for Norfolk 7: A Stewart White Christmas.
The night started as it meant to go on by demolishing the city's bid to be the European City of Culture – no more than it deserves with such cultural giants as the Singing Postman – then ran the Norwich Market Place pentathlon with such events as insult hurling and obstructing elderly shoppers, and compressed The Bard even further than the Reduced Shakespeare Company for the benefit of a Norfolk audience.
You may also want to watch:
A couple of celebrity appearances added to the fun, the eponymous Look East presenter an off-stage narrator as well as on stage performer, while Bryan Gunn took over as Sheriff in charge of arresting the city's talentless buskers in a spoof of the Martin Shaw TV series The Chief.
My favourite sections were the songs: a fan of Stewart White writing to his hero to the tune of Eminem's rap smash Stan; and an homage to the Canaries Millennium Stadium adventure, appropriately to the tune of Cold Play's Yellow.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
The Nimmo Twins' stay at the Playhouse has grown longer by the year – but this year's eight performances are all but sold out.