‘The most joyous, exhilarating highlight’ - why Phil Beer can’t wait for Cromer’s Folk on the Pier
- Credit: Firebrand Music
Multi-instrumentalist Phil Beer has said appearing with his band at Folk On The Pier in May is the highlight of his musical calendar.
The Phil Beer band will wrap up the folk festival at the Pavilion Theatre in Cromer on Sunday, May 7 after three days of music.
The group started back in the early 1980s when he recruited a bunch of mates to form a ceilidh band - and it took off from there.
He has since recorded with The Rolling Stones, Steve Harley and Mike Oldfield amongst a legion of others. His fellow band members have also carved out hugely successful careers.
'We are a family, and all families have reunions' said Phil, who describes his music as Folk'n'Roll. 'In so doing we remind each other why we started doing this over 30 years ago. It's the most joyous, exhilarating highlight of my musical calendar.'
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.folkonthepier.co.uk.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl