‘The most joyous, exhilarating highlight’ - why Phil Beer can’t wait for Cromer’s Folk on the Pier
- Credit: Firebrand Music
Multi-instrumentalist Phil Beer has said appearing with his band at Folk On The Pier in May is the highlight of his musical calendar.
The Phil Beer band will wrap up the folk festival at the Pavilion Theatre in Cromer on Sunday, May 7 after three days of music.
The group started back in the early 1980s when he recruited a bunch of mates to form a ceilidh band - and it took off from there.
He has since recorded with The Rolling Stones, Steve Harley and Mike Oldfield amongst a legion of others. His fellow band members have also carved out hugely successful careers.
'We are a family, and all families have reunions' said Phil, who describes his music as Folk'n'Roll. 'In so doing we remind each other why we started doing this over 30 years ago. It's the most joyous, exhilarating highlight of my musical calendar.'
Tickets are available from the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.folkonthepier.co.uk.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney