The Manfreds returning to Cromer Pier theatre
- Credit: Archant
A band popular among blues and jazz fans is returning to Cromer Pier this month.
The Manfreds, who are firm favourites with the Cromer audience, are playing at the Pavilion Theatre on Saturday March 14 at 8pm.
The Manfreds include original front man of Manfred Mann, Paul Jones, and the band will play many of their hits along with a mix of jazz and blues songs from some of their best-known albums.
Manfred Mann formed in 1962 and are now considered to be one of the finest and well-respected bands of the 1960s era. Their hits include 5-4-3-2-1, Do Wah Diddy Diddy, Pretty Flamingo and Mighty Quinn.
Before joining Manfred Mann, Paul Jones turned down a position in The Rolling Stones. He also has a weekly blues show on BBC Radio 2.
The Manfreds also include original Manfred Mann members Mike Hugg and Tom McGuinness.
They are joined by musicians Rob Townsend, Marcus Cliffe and Simon Currie.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out
The Manfreds re-formed in 1991.
Tickets cost £19.50 and to book call the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com
To have a chance of winning a pair of tickets buy a copy of today's North Norfolk News to enter a Guide competition.