Hundreds head to city for return of The Garden Party
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Chapelfield Gardens are in for a treat this weekend with free outdoor events for all the family.
The Garden Party takes place every year and celebrates the middle weekend of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival which runs until May 26.
The two-day party, which runs from 12pm to 6pm, has plenty of surprises including acrobatics, circus and street theatre on display at different zones in the park.
Popular activities taking place include the time machine disco, which offers a clubbing journey through the ages, a make-your-own puppet area and Les Gloriables masterclass in mutiny inspired by Les Miserables.
There is also a jam-packed programme in the Adnams Spiegeltent, including The Ragroof Top Hat and Tails Tea Dance and title circus show A Simple Space.
You may also want to watch:
The City of Literature Weekend also returns next Friday May 25 to Sunday May 27 to end the Norfolk & Norwich Festival and brings together some of today's best writers for a weekend of talks and debates.
You can purchase tickets to all Norfolk & Norwich Festival shows at nnfestival.org.uk.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month