Hundreds head to city for return of The Garden Party
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Chapelfield Gardens are in for a treat this weekend with free outdoor events for all the family.
The Garden Party takes place every year and celebrates the middle weekend of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival which runs until May 26.
The two-day party, which runs from 12pm to 6pm, has plenty of surprises including acrobatics, circus and street theatre on display at different zones in the park.
Popular activities taking place include the time machine disco, which offers a clubbing journey through the ages, a make-your-own puppet area and Les Gloriables masterclass in mutiny inspired by Les Miserables.
There is also a jam-packed programme in the Adnams Spiegeltent, including The Ragroof Top Hat and Tails Tea Dance and title circus show A Simple Space.
The City of Literature Weekend also returns next Friday May 25 to Sunday May 27 to end the Norfolk & Norwich Festival and brings together some of today's best writers for a weekend of talks and debates.
You can purchase tickets to all Norfolk & Norwich Festival shows at nnfestival.org.uk.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 6 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 9 'Foodie Fortnight' to celebrate opening of new food hall in Norwich
- 10 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run