Exotic meat delivery service bringing kangaroo and zebra to your door
- Credit: Archant
A new delivery service is bringing the taste of South Africa to Norfolk, with exotic meats on the menu ranging from zebra steaks to ostrich sausages.
While everyone is stuck indoors during lockdown, many are using the time to improve their cookery skills and try out new dishes.
The Durban Grill is owned by couple Adam Davies, 28, and Clare Whitmore, 37, who live in Horsford, and for the last five years the business has been running as a street food van, travelling to events across the region.
Mr Davies has family from South Africa and the couple have both spent a lot of time there, so decided to launch it as they realised there was nothing like it in Norfolk and dishes include a crocodile and mango curry and buffalo kebabs.
After the outbreak of coronavirus saw their upcoming booking cancelled, the pair decided to launch a home delivery service of their exotic meats for people to cook at home.
You may also want to watch:
They are delivering in a 20 mile radius of Horsford and meat available to order ranges from more familiar options such as Wagyu beef burgers and wild boar sausages to the more exotic including kangaroo meatballs, zebra steak and crocodile burgers.
Mr Davies said: “We wanted to do hot food delivery but it wasn’t practical as Clare is pregnant and we also have an 18-month-old son called Connor so I would have to do all the cooking and delivery on my own.
- 1 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 2 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 3 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
“It was really important to do something to keep our business afloat as there is very little help available to us and we don’t want to take out a loan.
“It has had really good feedback so far and we’ve had repeat orders, ostrich meat is one of our biggest sellers and comes from a lovely farm in the UK and we’ll be adding eggs in the next week or two.”
All the meat is sourced from UK suppliers and farmed here when possible and all the products are ethically farmed and are traceable.
Order at thedurbangrill.square.site with a minimum spend of £15.