Market stall offering free cakes to celebrate first birthday
- Credit: Archant
The weekend has just got a little sweeter as The Cuppie Hut is celebrating its first year at Norwich Market with freebies for customers.
To mark the anniversary, owners and best friends Mel Abel and Kim Cooper will be handing out free cupcakes this Saturday to the first 50 people.
The flavours available will be salted caramel and raspberry and they will also be giving raffle tickets to all customers, with the chance to win a cake of your choice and a hot drink.
Mrs Abel and Mrs Cooper, who both live in Hethersett, opened at the market last November and had previously launched the business in a renovated vintage horsebox on Tombland which proved popular.
Sweet treats on offer at the stall include tray bakes, including Bakewell tarts and brownies, cupcakes and cake jars and there is also a large range of vegan and gluten free options and pupcakes for four-legged guests too.
The pair have been friends since both their sons were two and Mrs Cooper's son Jack, who is now 19, has followed in her footsteps and opened his own Norwich Market stall called Supply, selling skateboards and streetwear, in October.
Mrs Cooper said: "It is so nice having Jack on the market - he used to help me one day a week when he wasn't at college and it is lovely to get him on here where I can keep an eye on him.
You may also want to watch:
"I remember when we first arrived, one of the stallholders said if you're still here after three months then you're here for the rest of your days and we absolutely love it."
In the future, the pair are looking to expand their range and get a double stall so they can bake on site.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
Mrs Abel said: "The year has gone so fast it is unbelievable and we are so proud of ourselves.
"We both get on really well and I don't think I could work with anyone else as we work well as a team."
The Cuppie Hut is located at row a, stall 19 and is open Tuesday to Saturday from 11am to 3.30pm.