The Chuckle Brothers in Star Doors
IAN CLARKE Madcap, corny, silly and slapstick – and hugely popular with every young fan as well as some older ones in the packed audience at Norwich Theatre Royal.
Madcap, corny, silly and slapstick – and hugely popular with every young fan as well as some older ones in the packed audience on Saturday at Norwich Theatre Royal.
The Chuckle Brothers – who have made the catchphrase “To me, to you” part of everyday language – are among the best-loved funnymen on kids' TV at the moment and lived up to their reputation for madness.
The draw of Paul and Barry forced theatre bosses to put on a second performance to meet the demand.
There was a panto-style feel to the production as the brothers starred in their new adventure based around the Star Wars story. They were commandeered into an inter-galactic fight between good and evil and predictably everything went far from smoothly – much to the delight of the packed crowd.
“We look so smooth on telly don't we?!” quipped Paul as more laughter greeted another missed cue which made the afternoon even more entertaining.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
It was an afternoon littered with nonsense – and everyone loved it.