Emma LeeIs Friday afternoon too soon to have found your favourite band of a festival? Norwich five-piece the Brownies might just have done it.
The Lake Stage
Is Friday afternoon too soon to have found your favourite band of a festival? Norwich five-piece the Brownies might just have done it. Showcasing tracks from their acclaimed debut album Our Knife Your Back, they really put the fine city on the musical map. When so many indie bands are relying on 80s-style synthesisers, they're all punky staccato riffs and shouty vocals. Their feisty performance - fronted by a singer who looks like Baby Spice's naughty little sister - was genuinely exciting. You almost wish you could get up on stage with them.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 4 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 5 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 8 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 9 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 10 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk