Teatro de los Sentidos
Duke Street Warehouse, Norwich (Norfolk and Norwich Festival)
Duke Street Warehouse, Norwich (Norfolk and NorwichFestival)
Well, it didn't start well. We knew little of what to expect and struggled to find the venue. Then the question: "Would you mind being separated from your son?" Err, funnily enough, yes. He's seven and why would I go to a show with him to then go in it without him? Yes, you do wonder about the festival and so-called modern theatre at times.
However, this whole "experience" - and it's not a show, performance, concert or otherwise - is first rate. Direct from Spain, it is for children aged seven and above and that's probably about right.
You enter what's an old factory to the pragmatic amongst us but is really the upside down world to those with a bit of imagination.
You may also want to watch:
In groups of about 10, you are guided through numerous tunnels and alleyways, you have to steal a set of keys and undergo various other challenges until you enter a magical place. I won't say more as it would spoil it.
It's a bit like an old fashioned adventure trail and children, even timid little mice like mine, found it "very, very good". High praise indeed.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
At only a fiver, it's great for them to experience something a bit different - and the adventure runs all week.