Teaser trailer released for Natalie Portman movie filmed in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A teaser trailer for a Hollywood movie shot on location in Norfolk has been released.
Filming for Alex Garland's sci-fi flick, Annihilation, took place on Holkham beach in July 2016.
Annihilation is an adaptation of the 2014 novel of the same name, by author Jeff VanderMeer. The film is scheduled for release in February 2018.
The plot follows a biologist (Natalie Portman) as she signs up for a dangerous expedition into an environmental disaster zone, known as Area X, where the laws of nature no longer apply.
Holkham beach was transformed into the elusive Area X during filming, featuring fake skeletons, a shelter and dark tree-like structures. A glimpse of these can be seen in the trailer.
You may also want to watch:
Portman, who is known for her work in films such as Black Swan and V for Vendetta heads up the cast which also includes Oscar Isaac, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 8 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree