Teaser trailer released for Natalie Portman movie filmed in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A teaser trailer for a Hollywood movie shot on location in Norfolk has been released.
Filming for Alex Garland's sci-fi flick, Annihilation, took place on Holkham beach in July 2016.
Annihilation is an adaptation of the 2014 novel of the same name, by author Jeff VanderMeer. The film is scheduled for release in February 2018.
The plot follows a biologist (Natalie Portman) as she signs up for a dangerous expedition into an environmental disaster zone, known as Area X, where the laws of nature no longer apply.
Holkham beach was transformed into the elusive Area X during filming, featuring fake skeletons, a shelter and dark tree-like structures. A glimpse of these can be seen in the trailer.
You may also want to watch:
Portman, who is known for her work in films such as Black Swan and V for Vendetta heads up the cast which also includes Oscar Isaac, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters