‘We love a loud crowd’ - Take That celebrate Norwich return
- Credit: Archant
Take That have thanked fans for a 'beautiful evening' as their Odyssey greatest hits tour landed in Norwich on Thursday night.
Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald returned to Carrow Road to perform for 28,000 fans, two years after their Wonderland tour came to the stadium.
The show celebrated their chart-topping back catalogue of hits including Greatest Day, Never Forget and slowed down version of 1993 hit Pray.
The latest album and tour celebrate their 30th anniversary and the trio all posted about the gig on their personal Instagram pages following the show.
Gary Barlow posted: "Thank you Norwich for a beautiful Thursday evening.
You may also want to watch:
"You know we love a loud crowd."
Mark Owen posted a selection of images including their final bow and the giant sphere that took centre stage throughout the show.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
He wrote: "Norwich it was so good to see you again!
"Thank you for singing and dancing with us over on the East side! A beautiful evening."
Howard Donald also posted on his social media with lyrics from 2007 single Rule the World: "You've saved my soul, don't leave me now, don't leave me now."
"Norwich, hello and goodbye again! The visit was way too short yet again."
Fans also posted how much they enjoyed Take That's return to the city on social media.
Georgina Burrage tweeted: "Fantastic show at Norwich last night. Take That you are superb... we had an absolute blast!"
Becky Kelm tweeted: "Most epic concert in Norwich last night.
"Well worth going with a damaged knee and dancing all night. Thanks for a great night. You guys rule."