Take That fans fuming after changes made to VIP ticket package
- Credit: supplied by DawBell
Take That fans attending the Wonderland Tour this summer have been left upset after event organisers made changes to ticket packages.
An email was sent to VIP standing ticket holders on Wednesday, April 5 informing them they would no longer be offered early entry to the tour, which comes to Norwich for two nights in June.
Ticketmaster customer service said the decision was due to 'different venue set ups and some concerns raised by existing standard ticket holders'.
The concerns appear to refer to an online petition asking for 'no alterations to entry times for different tickets at the Take That Wonderland Tour'.
The petition, which currently has 575 signatures, states that early entry was not originally advertised as part of the VIP package, but was added recently as an extra.
Those who purchased VIP standing tickets have been offered a full or partial refund and the option downgrade to standard general admission.
You may also want to watch:
VIP standing tickets were priced at £155, the cost of which included an exclusive gift, signed VIP programme, tote bag, tour laminate and lanyard and VIP check in desk.
Since receiving the email, a number of fans have taken to social media to share their anger.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
However, those who originally bought standard tickets are celebrating a victory and it appears it's all thanks to Take That's very own Howard Donald.
Mrs Tilbrook, who has general admission tickets for one of the Carrow Road shows, said: 'They only added the early admission to the VIP package this week but tickets have been on sale for months, we would have bought VIP tickets at the time had we known we'd get early entry.
'It just wasn't fair, so some of us started a group online and Howard, one of the band members, saw our messages and took action, he looked in to the issue and thankfully managed to get it resolved.'
Ticketmaster have apologised for any inconvenience caused and thanked customers for their support.
• Do the ticket changes impact you? Email email@example.com