Swing-packed show at Cromer Pier Pavilion Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Big band and swing classics will be brought to life by top performers on Cromer Pier next weekend.
The Swing Back In Time Show is on at the Pavilion Theatre on Saturday October 4 at 7.30pm.
It will feature some of the most iconic music and songs from Glenn Miller including In The Mood and Tuxedo Junction.
The show will include 1940s Second World War classics from Count Basie, Bennie Goodman, Duke Ellington.
Fans of the Rat Pack will also be entertained.
You may also want to watch:
Performers include vocalist Phil Watson and songstress Lena Black with her Uptown Playboys Band.
The band will open the show with an entertaining trip from the early 1920s and 1930s Kansas City jazz scene featuring hits by Julia Lee, Bessie Smith, Alberta Hunter, Lil Johnson and Nellie Lutcher.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Lena Black will then move to rock 'n' roll gospel and swing numbers including Sister Rosetta Tharp's Didn't it Rain Children.
At the finale of the show all the acts come together with the Swingstyle Dancers, for Goodman's storming Sing Sing Sing.
Tickets cost £14 (concessions £12) and to book call the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com.
To win a pair of tickets to the show buy a copy of today's North Norfolk News to enter a competition in the Guide section.