Swing-packed show at Cromer Pier Pavilion Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Big band and swing classics will be brought to life by top performers on Cromer Pier next weekend.
The Swing Back In Time Show is on at the Pavilion Theatre on Saturday October 4 at 7.30pm.
It will feature some of the most iconic music and songs from Glenn Miller including In The Mood and Tuxedo Junction.
The show will include 1940s Second World War classics from Count Basie, Bennie Goodman, Duke Ellington.
Fans of the Rat Pack will also be entertained.
Performers include vocalist Phil Watson and songstress Lena Black with her Uptown Playboys Band.
The band will open the show with an entertaining trip from the early 1920s and 1930s Kansas City jazz scene featuring hits by Julia Lee, Bessie Smith, Alberta Hunter, Lil Johnson and Nellie Lutcher.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 10 NCFC LIVE: Spirited City held to 0-0 draw by in-form Wolves
Lena Black will then move to rock 'n' roll gospel and swing numbers including Sister Rosetta Tharp's Didn't it Rain Children.
At the finale of the show all the acts come together with the Swingstyle Dancers, for Goodman's storming Sing Sing Sing.
Tickets cost £14 (concessions £12) and to book call the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com.
To win a pair of tickets to the show buy a copy of today's North Norfolk News to enter a competition in the Guide section.