Swan Lake - Moscow City Ballet
Marina Theatre, Lowestoft
The company perfectly captures the romance and tragedy of a timeless classic, combining enchanting dance, dazzling costumes, a superb set and Tchai-kovsky's beautiful music.
Formed by distinguished choreographer and former soloist of the Bolshoi Ballet Victor Smirnov-Golovanov, Moscow City Ballet is one of Russia's leading companies.
The story is about a Princess, Odette (Ekaterina Selskaya) who is turned into a swan by an evil magician Von Rothbart (Adel Kinzikeev). Every midnight she becomes human for a few hours. One midnight, she is seen by Prince Siegfried (Dmitry Dmitriev) who falls in love and promises to rescue her. Siegfried prepares to introduce Odette as his bride at a castle ball. A black swan like Odette enters – it is Von Rothbart's daughter, Odile (Ekaterina Selskaya).
Siegfried says she will be his bride. Odette appears, he realises he has been tricked, Odette rushes off to the lake, and Siegfried fights Von Rothbart. Before the Prince dies, he frees the swan maidens and the souls of Odette and Siegfried are united.
The skill, artistry and athleticism by the principles, corps de ballet and soloists was breathtaking.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity