Suzi Quatro heads new Breckfest line-up
Ian Clarke Breckland Council's main Breckfest event takes place in Attleborough on Saturday, September 13, with Showaddywaddy, Hot Chocolate and rock queen Suzi Quatro along with local musical talent.
They are household music names from the 1970s and 80s - and will be headlining a festival of sport, leisure and culture in Norfolk this summer.
Breckland Council unveiled details of its Breckfest event which will run from August 24 to September 14 to mark the handover of the Olympic Games from Beijing to London and the close of the Paralympics Games 2008.
The main event will feature Teddy Boy band Showaddywaddy, soul band Hot Chocolate and rock queen Suzi Quatro along with local musical talent.
Attleborough Recreation Ground will host the outdoor music event on September 13 and big crowds are expected to enjoy turning the clock back to lap up the trio of acts' hits such as Under The Moon of Love, You Sexy Thing and Can The Can.
Breckland cabinet member for communities Steve Askew said: “I am delighted to confirm details of the main Breckfest event. This is a first for Breckland and will be a fantastic musical experience for everyone to enjoy. Breckfest will offer exciting opportunities right across Breckland for all our residents and offers something for everyone.”
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 4 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 5 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 6 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 7 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 8 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 9 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 10 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
The council will also be organising, supporting and promoting a whole range of sporting and cultural activity across the district over the three weeks of the Breckfest festival including opportunities to participate in singing, music making, theatre, dancing, creative writing, football, running, golfing, boxing and swimming.
It is hoped Breckfest will become an annual event.
Full details of all the events are available on the Breckfest website - www.breckfest.co.uk - and an events brochure will be delivered to every household in July.
Events will include - art and crafts, memorable days out at Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse, Dad's Army events, guided walks, Hockering Art Exhibition, New Buckenham Fete, East Harling 60th anniversary of the recreation ground, Breckland Photography Competition, Mad & Merry Monarchs performance at New Buckenham, The Breckland Relay, Samba Sounds in Dereham, summer swimming singing, Junk Rock at Toftwood, Scarning and Yaxham, Sound Waves, creative workshops and events at the leisure centres.
Tickets are on sale for the Breckfest Musical Festival at www.ticketweb.co.uk or on the 24-hour number 08444 771000.