Sundown review: Michael Hough
It's not often at an official festival that you see a fresh young face appear to a hoard of over 4000 youngsters who have amassed into a field to enjoy sun, beer and good music. I can only imagine how daunting it must have felt for Mike Hough, a 19-year old singer/songwriter hailing from East London.
Another of the younger acts at Sundown this year who has started life in music by publishing his skills on social networking site YouTube.
Humble and apologetic to his audience, because he was 'new', and most of his songs unrecognisable to the audience, he played a mix of songs from his newly released EP Stained which is available to download on ITunes.
You may also want to watch:
His voice, reminiscent of newly established name Sam Smith, he covered a version of the Naughty Boy song 'La La La' with his own twist, seemingly unphased by the throng of screaming girls, who had a new name to shout after his early Saturday performance.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 8 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
Personally I would keep an eye out for this newcomer next year. From his pitch perfect performance in a dusty field in Norfolk, and the reaction of the teens, we would say he is destined for greatness.