Sundown review: Michael Hough
It's not often at an official festival that you see a fresh young face appear to a hoard of over 4000 youngsters who have amassed into a field to enjoy sun, beer and good music. I can only imagine how daunting it must have felt for Mike Hough, a 19-year old singer/songwriter hailing from East London.
Another of the younger acts at Sundown this year who has started life in music by publishing his skills on social networking site YouTube.
Humble and apologetic to his audience, because he was 'new', and most of his songs unrecognisable to the audience, he played a mix of songs from his newly released EP Stained which is available to download on ITunes.
His voice, reminiscent of newly established name Sam Smith, he covered a version of the Naughty Boy song 'La La La' with his own twist, seemingly unphased by the throng of screaming girls, who had a new name to shout after his early Saturday performance.
- 1 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 2 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 5 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 6 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 7 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 8 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 9 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
Personally I would keep an eye out for this newcomer next year. From his pitch perfect performance in a dusty field in Norfolk, and the reaction of the teens, we would say he is destined for greatness.