Sunday Times name Norfolk village in top 10 seaside spots
- Credit: Archant
Get your buckets and spades at the ready as a Norfolk village has been named one of the top 10 coastal spots.
Burnham Overy Staithe, located on the 'magical' north Norfolk coast, has been listed as one of the 10 best seaside locations to live in by the Sunday Times.
The ten places have been chosen as they are places that can be enjoyed all year round and also includes St Ives in Cornwall and Lyme Regis in Dorset.
The Sunday Times writes about Burnham Overy Staithe: 'It has the most delightful creek, a charming collection of pretty flint houses and one of the region's best and most welcoming gastropubs, the Hero.
'It's a fine place for birdwatching and, if you want to immerse yourself in nature, you can catch a ferry to the nature reserve at Scolt Head Island or walk a mile and a half along the coast path to the awe-inspiring beach at Holkham.'
You may also want to watch:
The description of the village also nods to nearby spots Cromer, which they say has 'the best fish and chips in the land', and Blakeney as 'an idyllic vantage point for gazing at the birds'.
READ MORE: Fugitives hide out in Cromer caravan park in new series of HuntedThey also describe Burnham Overy Staithe as 'posh country' where you will have to pay 'upwards of £500,000 for a little cottage'.
The Sunday Times top 10 seaside spots
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Norwich hospital to stop inpatient visits after rising Covid cases
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
1. Aberdyfi, Gwynedd
2. Amble, Northumberland
3. Burnham Overy Staithe, Norfolk
4. Dornoch, Highlands
5. Heswall, Merseyside
6. Hove, East Sussex
7. Kingsbridge, Devon
8. Lyme Regis, Dorset
9. North Berwick, Eat Lothian
10, St Ives, Cornwall