Sunday Times name Norfolk village in top 10 seaside spots
- Credit: Archant
Get your buckets and spades at the ready as a Norfolk village has been named one of the top 10 coastal spots.
Burnham Overy Staithe, located on the 'magical' north Norfolk coast, has been listed as one of the 10 best seaside locations to live in by the Sunday Times.
The ten places have been chosen as they are places that can be enjoyed all year round and also includes St Ives in Cornwall and Lyme Regis in Dorset.
The Sunday Times writes about Burnham Overy Staithe: 'It has the most delightful creek, a charming collection of pretty flint houses and one of the region's best and most welcoming gastropubs, the Hero.
'It's a fine place for birdwatching and, if you want to immerse yourself in nature, you can catch a ferry to the nature reserve at Scolt Head Island or walk a mile and a half along the coast path to the awe-inspiring beach at Holkham.'
You may also want to watch:
The description of the village also nods to nearby spots Cromer, which they say has 'the best fish and chips in the land', and Blakeney as 'an idyllic vantage point for gazing at the birds'.
READ MORE: Fugitives hide out in Cromer caravan park in new series of HuntedThey also describe Burnham Overy Staithe as 'posh country' where you will have to pay 'upwards of £500,000 for a little cottage'.
The Sunday Times top 10 seaside spots
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
1. Aberdyfi, Gwynedd
2. Amble, Northumberland
3. Burnham Overy Staithe, Norfolk
4. Dornoch, Highlands
5. Heswall, Merseyside
6. Hove, East Sussex
7. Kingsbridge, Devon
8. Lyme Regis, Dorset
9. North Berwick, Eat Lothian
10, St Ives, Cornwall