Sun shines on first day of the 43rd Cromer Carnival
A week packed full of fun events and activities got under way today with the start of this year's Cromer Carnival.
Visitors made the most of the warm summer sunshine and flocked to the carnival ground in Runton Road to enjoy a host of attractions, including motorbike and dog agility displays, fairground rides, drum group, car treasure hunt, craft fair, car boot sale and a mini beer festival.
The fun will continue in to Saturday evening with a family night in the carnival marquee from 7 to 10pm and a carnival concert featuring The Bagshot Concert Band in Cromer Parish Church from 8pm.
Carnival chairman Tony Shipp said: 'The weather has come good at last and the carnival has got off to a fabulous start.
'It is the biggest turn-out we have had for the car boot sale in many years and the crowds are building up nicely. I think it is going to be a big weekend and a great week.'
You may also want to watch:
Sunday's carnival line-up includes The Bagshot Concert Band on the pier forecourt at 11.30am followed by the crowning of Miss Cromer by comedian Jimmy Cricket at 12.15pm. Attractions on the carnival field include a custom and American car show from 10am to 4.30pm, dog show at 10am, gymkhana at 12.30pm and music duo The Squeegees playing 60s, 70s and 80s music at 1.45pm.
The competitions begin with the bonny babies at 2.15pm followed by knobbly knees at 2.45pm and glamorous grandmothers at 3.15pm. The children's fancy dress parade starts at 3.45pm, with entrants competing to win the Robin Seeley Memorial Cup.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Cromer's East Beach will be the venue for a display of rescue techniques by the East Anglian Working Newfoundland Dogs at 2.30pm and there will be a charity football match at 6.30pm.
The beer festival will continue on Sunday and there will be a wine tasting evening in the carnival hospitality tent from 7pm.
Cromer Carnival events will continue until Friday. Visit cromercarnival.co.uk for details.