Summer Seaside Special at Cromer Pier will celebrate the best of British
The Union Jack will be out in force on Cromer pier this summer as its annual variety show takes on a unashamedly patriotic theme to mark Great Britain's year on the world stage.
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Olympics will be putting the country firmly in the limelight and to celebrate this year's Summer Seaside Special will be flying the flag and showcasing the culture that makes Britain great.
And 2012 is also a special year for the end of the pier show as it marks its 35th year of entertaining summer crowds.
Featuring music and images from the last 60 years, the all singing, all dancing cast will aim to stir both pride and nostalgia amongst their audience as they romp through the ages with their dazzling variety acts.
Taking crowds on their vault back and forth through time is headline act Dain Cordean (pictured right) who mixes comedy, magic and illusion during his on-stage antics.
Supporting him on the journey through six decades of entertainment will be comedian Ben Langley and contortionist Karina Grigorieva – who is set to astound audiences with her hand balancing act.
And the Seaside Special dancers will also be making a welcome return with some new energetic routines, along with singers Rob McVeigh and Sophie Bloom.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 5 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 6 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 7 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 10 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
? The Summer Seaside Special runs from June 16 to September 29. Tickets cost from �10 and can be booked from the box office on 01263 512495 or online via www.cromer-pier.com, where you can also find more information about the show.