Strictly Come Dancing stars coming to Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Stars from Strictly Come Dancing will be bringing ballroom magic to Norfolk this year.
Pasha Kovalev and Katya Vishilas will be performing alongside six professional dancers and youngsters from local dance schools at the Pavilion Theatre on Cromer Pier on March 27, St Andrew's Hall, Norwich, on March 30 and King's Lynn Corn Exchange on May 18.
It is the third time they have toured together and visited Norfolk.
Katya said: 'It is very exciting we get to do this again. It is a kaleidoscope of dance and includes the best bits of Strictly. The venues in Norfolk are absolutely wonderful. The Corn Exchange in King's Lynn is beautiful.'
She added: 'It was quite scary in Cromer because it was very windy. I thought I would be blown away in the wind.
'The audiences really like our shows. They are very interactive. It is great to do the tour because we do whatever we want.'
The show is travelling to 69 venues and will allow budding performers from dance schools to have their moment in the spotlight.
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 7 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 8 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 9 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
'It is such a family show. There are cute guys and sexy girls and there are bits and pieces that everyone can enjoy. We want to do the show for as long as the fans want it. We love it,' Kayta added.
She said it was important for young people to dance and become interested in different art.
The show will include Latin ballroom, the Charleston and tango, among other styles.
Katya was born in Lithuania where she lived until she was six-years-old. She then moved to Israel and then onto Canada aged 13.
She trained in modern dance, ballet and tap and when she was 16 she became the youngest ever British Columbian Latin dance champion.
Katya appeared in three series of Strictly Come Dancing and was paired up with sportsman Phil Tufnell and Gavin Henson and Daniel Lobb. She has not danced in the last two series.
Siberian-born Pasha joined the television show in 2011 when he danced with Waterloo Road actress Chelsee Healey.
He was paired with Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh in 2012 and Countdown star Rachel Riley in last year's series.
Tickets for the Cromer Pier show, which starts at 7.30pm, cost £23.
They can be bought from the box office by calling 01263 512495 or visiting www.cromer-pier.com/whats-on.
For more information visit www.katyaandpasha.com.
Do you know of an interesting show coming to Norfolk? Email email@example.com.