Strictly Come Dancing stars coming to Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Stars from Strictly Come Dancing will be bringing ballroom magic to Norfolk this year.
Pasha Kovalev and Katya Vishilas will be performing alongside six professional dancers and youngsters from local dance schools at the Pavilion Theatre on Cromer Pier on March 27, St Andrew's Hall, Norwich, on March 30 and King's Lynn Corn Exchange on May 18.
It is the third time they have toured together and visited Norfolk.
Katya said: 'It is very exciting we get to do this again. It is a kaleidoscope of dance and includes the best bits of Strictly. The venues in Norfolk are absolutely wonderful. The Corn Exchange in King's Lynn is beautiful.'
She added: 'It was quite scary in Cromer because it was very windy. I thought I would be blown away in the wind.
You may also want to watch:
'The audiences really like our shows. They are very interactive. It is great to do the tour because we do whatever we want.'
The show is travelling to 69 venues and will allow budding performers from dance schools to have their moment in the spotlight.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
'It is such a family show. There are cute guys and sexy girls and there are bits and pieces that everyone can enjoy. We want to do the show for as long as the fans want it. We love it,' Kayta added.
She said it was important for young people to dance and become interested in different art.
The show will include Latin ballroom, the Charleston and tango, among other styles.
Katya was born in Lithuania where she lived until she was six-years-old. She then moved to Israel and then onto Canada aged 13.
She trained in modern dance, ballet and tap and when she was 16 she became the youngest ever British Columbian Latin dance champion.
Katya appeared in three series of Strictly Come Dancing and was paired up with sportsman Phil Tufnell and Gavin Henson and Daniel Lobb. She has not danced in the last two series.
Siberian-born Pasha joined the television show in 2011 when he danced with Waterloo Road actress Chelsee Healey.
He was paired with Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh in 2012 and Countdown star Rachel Riley in last year's series.
Tickets for the Cromer Pier show, which starts at 7.30pm, cost £23.
They can be bought from the box office by calling 01263 512495 or visiting www.cromer-pier.com/whats-on.
For more information visit www.katyaandpasha.com.
Do you know of an interesting show coming to Norfolk? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.