Status Quo to perform at Thetford Forest
Legendary band Status Quo will be returning to Norfolk next year to rock Thetford Forest. The group, which has become a rock'n'roll institution, is the first act to be announced for the forest's 2008 summer concert season.
Legendary band Status Quo will be returning to Norfolk next year to rock Thetford Forest.
The group, which has become a rock'n'roll institution, is the first act to be announced for the forest's 2008 summer concert season.
The announcement comes just a couple of months after Status Quo wowed a 7,000-strong crowd at Holkham Hall in September.
“We are really looking forward to playing in the forest. Fans can rest assured they'll be rocking all over the woods!” said Status Quo's Francis Rossi.
You may also want to watch:
It will be 40 years in January since the band first made the charts with Pictures Of Matchstick Men. Status Quo has gone on to make a massive impact on the music scene with worldwide record sales exceeding 118 million.
This includes 63 British hit singles, which has meant the band has spent more than seven and a half years in the singles charts. The band has also appeared on the BBC's Top of the Pops 106 times, which is more times than any other group.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success
Public adoration has been complemented by music industry accolades with awards including: the coveted Silver Clef Award, presented annually by the Nordoff Robbins Music Therapy Trust for Outstanding Services to British Music; a Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Music Industry; and an award for Outstanding Contribution to The Rock Industry at the World Music Awards.
Status Quo will be performing at High Lodge, Thetford Forest, on Saturday, June 7, as part of the Forestry Commission's Annual Forest Tour.
Tickets cost £30 (subject to booking fee) and will be on sale from 9am on Friday, November 16. To book call the ticket hotline on 01842 814612 or buy on line from www.forestry.gov.uk/music