St George's Day concert in Cromer
Richard BatsonA patriotic concert for St George's Day is being staged as part of the new joint publicity venture between Cromer and Sheringham.And the committee is working on other events, including a festival showcasing their crab and art cultures.Richard Batson
A patriotic concert for St George's Day is being staged as part of the new joint publicity venture between Cromer and Sheringham.
And the committee is working on other events, including a festival showcasing their crab and art cultures.
The free St George's Day concert is at Cromer parish church on Thursday, April 23, at 7.30pm - and will switch to a Sheringham venue next year.
It will feature the Cromer and Sheringham Brass playing stirring music including British sea songs, Land of Hope and Glory, Jerusalem and the national anthem as well as show songs, Abba and the theme from the Sister Act film.
You may also want to watch:
The twin towns will also join forces for a crab and lobster festival in May 2010. Events being planned include crab fishing, local clog "step" dancing, seafood cookery, and demonstrations of crab pot and gansey jumper making, along with some art events.
Anyone with ideas or keen to take part should contact either of the town councils involved.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club