Young musicians gather at city venue for special Norfolk Day concert
- Credit: SENT IN BY OPEN NORWICH
Young musicians from three countries will come together for a special Norfolk Day performance.
The Triorca youth orchestra is made up of 65 teenagers and adults aged 15-25 from Norfolk, Koblenz in Germany, and Novi Sad in Serbia.
It is putting on a Norfolk Day concert at the OPEN in Norwich on Friday, July 27, at 7.30pm.
The orchestra will play classic works including Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf and Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony.
Triorca represents was set up in 2011 to raise £30,000 a year for the Triorca Trust, which is a UK charity that supports young musicians.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer trustee, Robert Rickard, said: 'You only have to hear this lot for 10 seconds to know the standard young people from three linked European city regions can achieve.'
Tickets cost £20 or £18. Under 18s can watch for free.
Visit www.opennorwich.org.uk/whats-on/gigs-events/triorca to book.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups