Special Sheringham Little Theatre summer rep to celebrate 55-year tradition
- Credit: Archant
Summer drama at Sheringham is set to be an encore of its most popular past productions.
The Little Theatre is marking 55 years of staging a repertory season which is enjoyed by locals and tourists alike.
It is one of the last outposts in the country to still be staging summer 'rep' - where a professional company of actors tackle a variety of roles during the season.
Summer repertory is a legendary challenge for the actors involved, who are regularly required to perform in one play, learn directions for another, and memorise lines for more still – all at the same time.
And to mark its 55th anniversary the theatre is doing 'five of the best' - reprising productions that have proved popular in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
They are: Educating Rita, The Late Edwina Black, Bedroom farce, Perfect wedding and Private Lives.
The majority of these productions will feature the same directors credited with first staging the performances in Sheringham, including the return of Olivier Award winning actor Desmond Barrit, who will be directing Educating Rita.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
Debbie Thompson, Director of Sheringham Little Theatre said: 'We are very excited about this anniversary season and look forward to welcoming back our renowned directors with their fantastic plays.'
Tickets for the season go on public sale on Monday March 9.
Call Sheringham Little Theatre's box office on 01263 822347 or visit its website www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com