Special Sheringham Little Theatre summer rep to celebrate 55-year tradition
- Credit: Archant
Summer drama at Sheringham is set to be an encore of its most popular past productions.
The Little Theatre is marking 55 years of staging a repertory season which is enjoyed by locals and tourists alike.
It is one of the last outposts in the country to still be staging summer 'rep' - where a professional company of actors tackle a variety of roles during the season.
Summer repertory is a legendary challenge for the actors involved, who are regularly required to perform in one play, learn directions for another, and memorise lines for more still – all at the same time.
And to mark its 55th anniversary the theatre is doing 'five of the best' - reprising productions that have proved popular in recent years.
They are: Educating Rita, The Late Edwina Black, Bedroom farce, Perfect wedding and Private Lives.
The majority of these productions will feature the same directors credited with first staging the performances in Sheringham, including the return of Olivier Award winning actor Desmond Barrit, who will be directing Educating Rita.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 10 NCFC LIVE: Spirited City held to 0-0 draw by in-form Wolves
Debbie Thompson, Director of Sheringham Little Theatre said: 'We are very excited about this anniversary season and look forward to welcoming back our renowned directors with their fantastic plays.'
Tickets for the season go on public sale on Monday March 9.
Call Sheringham Little Theatre's box office on 01263 822347 or visit its website www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com