Special 25th anniversary show for North Norfolk Chamber Opera group
- Credit: Archant
A community opera group is marking its 25th year with an historic production.
The North Norfolk Chamber Opera is performing the Elixir of Love by Donizetti at the Auden Theatre in Holt from Thursday April 16 to Saturday April 18 at 7.30pm.
It includes an all adult cast of about 20 performers who will be accompanied by a small orchestra.
The 200-year-old play has been translated into English by international conductor David Parry, from Antingham.
It is about a lovelorn man who takes an elixir to gain courage and win the heart of his true love.
You may also want to watch:
The production is set in modern dress and the musical director is group chairman Maggi Warren.
Bridget Roper, long-term member of the group, said: 'The production is really musical and quite comical. It has a very happy ending and the music is very gorgeous and singable. It is a good show.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
The Elixir of Love also includes one or two famous arias.
Members of the North Norfolk Chamber Opera puts on an opera every year around Easter and an Autumn concert with more light-hearted music.
The group practises at Loades Hall at Holt Methodist Church.
It has previously performed Orpheus and Eurydice and the Threepenny Opera.
Tickets for the Elixir of Love are £14 (£12 for concessions) on the door or from the Auden box office on 01263 713444.
For details about the chamber opera group, visit www.northnorfolkchamberopera.co.uk or call chairman Maggi Warren on 01263 761482.