Special 25th anniversary show for North Norfolk Chamber Opera group
- Credit: Archant
A community opera group is marking its 25th year with an historic production.
The North Norfolk Chamber Opera is performing the Elixir of Love by Donizetti at the Auden Theatre in Holt from Thursday April 16 to Saturday April 18 at 7.30pm.
It includes an all adult cast of about 20 performers who will be accompanied by a small orchestra.
The 200-year-old play has been translated into English by international conductor David Parry, from Antingham.
It is about a lovelorn man who takes an elixir to gain courage and win the heart of his true love.
The production is set in modern dress and the musical director is group chairman Maggi Warren.
Bridget Roper, long-term member of the group, said: 'The production is really musical and quite comical. It has a very happy ending and the music is very gorgeous and singable. It is a good show.'
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
The Elixir of Love also includes one or two famous arias.
Members of the North Norfolk Chamber Opera puts on an opera every year around Easter and an Autumn concert with more light-hearted music.
The group practises at Loades Hall at Holt Methodist Church.
It has previously performed Orpheus and Eurydice and the Threepenny Opera.
Tickets for the Elixir of Love are £14 (£12 for concessions) on the door or from the Auden box office on 01263 713444.
For details about the chamber opera group, visit www.northnorfolkchamberopera.co.uk or call chairman Maggi Warren on 01263 761482.