Special 25th anniversary performance for North Norfolk Chamber Opera at Holt theatre
- Credit: Archant
A community opera group is marking its 25th year with an historic production.
The North Norfolk Chamber Opera's version of the Elixir of Love by Donizetti starts tonight and ends this Saturday, April 18.
It will be performed at the Auden Theatre in Holt at 7.30pm.
The show includes an all-adult cast of about 20 performers who will be accompanied by a small orchestra.
The 200-year-old play has been translated into English by international conductor David Parry, from Antingham.
It is about a lovelorn man who takes an elixir to gain courage and win the heart of his true love.
The production is set in modern dress and the musical director is group chairman Maggi Warren.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
Members of the North Norfolk Chamber Opera put on an opera every year around Easter and an autumn concert with more light-hearted music.
The group practises at Loades Hall at Holt Methodist Church.
It has previously performed Orpheus and Eurydice and the Threepenny Opera.
Tickets for the Elixir of Love are £14 (£12 for concessions) on the door or from the Auden box office on 01263 713444.