Special 25th anniversary performance for North Norfolk Chamber Opera at Holt theatre
- Credit: Archant
A community opera group is marking its 25th year with an historic production.
The North Norfolk Chamber Opera's version of the Elixir of Love by Donizetti starts tonight and ends this Saturday, April 18.
It will be performed at the Auden Theatre in Holt at 7.30pm.
The show includes an all-adult cast of about 20 performers who will be accompanied by a small orchestra.
The 200-year-old play has been translated into English by international conductor David Parry, from Antingham.
You may also want to watch:
It is about a lovelorn man who takes an elixir to gain courage and win the heart of his true love.
The production is set in modern dress and the musical director is group chairman Maggi Warren.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Members of the North Norfolk Chamber Opera put on an opera every year around Easter and an autumn concert with more light-hearted music.
The group practises at Loades Hall at Holt Methodist Church.
It has previously performed Orpheus and Eurydice and the Threepenny Opera.
Tickets for the Elixir of Love are £14 (£12 for concessions) on the door or from the Auden box office on 01263 713444.