Songs based on forgotten slide shows
COLIN WILSON The world's first Indie-Vaudville conceptual art-rock pop band, the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players bring their UK tour to Norwich Arts Centre on Thursday September 2.
The world's first Indie-Vaudville conceptual art-rock pop band, the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players bring their UK tour to Norwich Arts Centre, St Benedict's Street, on Thursday September 2.
Surely the weirdest trio currently on the live circuit, the Trachtenburg Family are just that – parents Tina (slides and costumes) and Jason (piano, guitar, vocals) plus daughter Rachel, aged 10, (drums and sings).
They have been described as “more bizarre than the Osbournes and the Jacksons combined”.
The band, who have recently been in residence at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival will be promoting their debut album Vintage Slide Collections From Seattle, Volume 1, possibly the first and only album to contain a six-song mini rock opera based on the contents of a McDonald's Corporate Slideshow.
The band unleashed the full might of their power at their recent UK live debut at the Water Rats, ICA and Buffalo Bars shows.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
A packed ICA sang along to favourites such as Mountain Trip To Japan 1959.
Support comes from Kid Carpet. Doors 8pm.
Tickets £7 (£5 concs). Box office: 01603 660352.