Some tickets for Take That concert in Norwich still available
- Credit: supplied by DawBell
Tens of thousands of people are set to watch pop superstars Take That perform in Norwich next year - and music fans still have the chance to snap up tickets for one of the nights the band are playing in the city.
Take That – who this summer played to a crowd of 65,000 at London's Hyde Park – are heading to Norwich City's Carrow Road stadium as part of their Wonderland Live tour which will also be going to Newcastle, Glasgow, Dublin, Liverpool, Sheffield, Birmingham, London, Swansea and the band's home city of Manchester.
After more than 30,000 tickets for the band's first Norwich gig –June 16 – quickly sold out within 90 minutes of the tickets going on sale, a second gig was added on June 15 at Carrow Road to cope with what was described as 'overwhelming popular demand'.
At the time Ben Kensell, Norwich City's director of commercial, said the club was 'blown away by the response' and delighted to have secured a second night for Norwich.
Now all but a handful of the shows in the UK and Ireland tour are sold out, with just five dates across the whole tour, including the penultimate date in Norwich, having tickets still available according to the Take That website.
You may also want to watch:
On the Ticketmaster website, it appears there is some availability for all ticket price brackets on June 15.
With a capacity of more than 30,000 people each night, the Take That shows in Norwich are set to attract some of the biggest crowds in the Carrow Road stadium's history.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 8 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
The last time Carrow Road had that many people in the stadium was on April 9, 1977 when Norwich City lost to Ipswich 0-1 – some 31,088 people watched the match.
Seats are priced at £55, £65, £85 and £95, while pitch standing is priced at £59.
Tickets are not being sold from any of Norwich City's ticket offices or on www.tickets.canaries.co.uk.
For details of VIP packages on both of Take That's Norwich dates, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0844 826 1902 (option 2).
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com