Snowdrop and art show at Thorpe Market church
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to a rural north Norfolk church will be able to enjoy the work of local artists as well as wild snowdrops next month.
The annual Snowdrop Sundays, in and around St Margaret's Church, Thorpe Market, near Cromer, will feature work by a trio of artists.
On February 1 and 15 work by representational watercolour artist Max Brooker, whose subjects range from pets to Norfolk landscapes, will be on display and for sale.
On February 8 and 22 textile artist Lis Keddell, from Mundesley, will exhibit her designs, which range from intricate ink line-drawings to abstract florals in watercolour and mixed media on silk.
Mrs Keddell studied Fine Art at the Slade and in the past designed and produced soft toys for shops like Heals and Habitat in London.
And retired professional photographer Paul Damen, from Paston, near North Walsham, will be showing some of his images, taken in Norfolk and further afield, also on February 8 and 22.
As well as the churchyard snowdrops, there will be homemade cakes and teas, and a bookstall in the church on February 1, 8, 15 and 22 from 1pm.
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 9 Award-winning Norwich pub celebrates 30 years in style
- 10 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
Admission to the event is free.