Sixth formers launching record label
Adam GrettonSixth formers from Wymondham High School are hoping to promote a new generation of bands, DJs and solo artists as a result of their record label project, being launched tonight at Norwich Arts Centre.Adam Gretton
It sounds like a painful back condition. But a group of Norfolk students are hoping that Slip Discs will help give local young musicians a step into the music industry after setting up their own record label.
Sixth formers from Wymondham High School are hoping to promote a new generation of bands, DJs and solo artists as a result of the community project. The group of AS-level students are all set to officially launch the Slip Discs record label tonight by showcasing young musical talents at Norwich Arts Centre.
The 16 to 17-year-olds began the project as part of their sixth form community service in September, and have already put together a demo CD at the school's recording studio with the help of music tech teacher Lloyd Jones.
David Royse, guitarist and press officer for the group, said there were a large number of Wymondham High musicians, including rock and metal bands, DJs, and acoustic acts and the group was eager to find new artists to join the label.
You may also want to watch:
'There are some recording studios about and rehearsal studios in Norwich, but there are not many people promoting young musicians.
'We are all musicians and most of us play in bands, so we know how hard it is to get noticed,' he said.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
The other record label members are Adam Beck, Flynn Green, Edmund Farrarr, James Pritchard, Adam Claydon, Ryan Webster, Owen Taylor, and Ollie Barton-Wood.
t The Slip Discs label launch will take place from 7.30pm with music from Go Public, Adelaide Cape, and DJ sets from Mafyah, Okota, and the Markie Collective. Tickets �3.50; box office: 01603 660352; www.norwichartscentre.co.uk