Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Here's a quick guide to some of the events taking place across Norfolk on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday 4 June
• Great Yarmouth Arts Festival and Carnival, Great Yarmouth, 11am onwards, prices vary
From Friday June 3 to Sunday June 12, Great Yarmouth will be hosting its fourth Arts Festival and this weekend which will also see the third town carnival taking place on Saturday. The Carnival theme is 'Halfway to Paradise' and lots of events are scheduled to take place throughout the town, including a parade, live music, dancing, skating, baton twirling, 1950s themed parties and much more.
You may also want to watch:
• Family Workshop: Miniature World, Octagon Studio, Norwich Puppet Theatre, 11am-12.30pm, Adults £8.50
Norwich Puppet Theatre will be hosting a family workshop this Saturday where everyone can try their hand at creating a unique puppet character. First, discover how to make the basic puppet form, then an array of materials will be on hand for you to customize your creation. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
• T.Rextasy, Maddermarket Theatre, Norwich, 8pm, £20
T.Rextasy, the world's only official tribute to Marc Bolan and T.Rex, will be stopping in Norwich this weekend as part of their 40th Anniversary Tour of I Love to Boogie. The band, who are endorsed by Bolan's family and estate, will be performing two sets of Bolan's greatest hits.
Sunday June 5
• Classic Car Rally, Norfolk Tank Museum, Forncett, 10am-5pm, Adults £6, Children (12-16) £4, Children (under 12) free
A classic car rally will be taking place at Norfolk Tank Museum this Sunday. Visitors will also be able to see displays of weaponry, climb into tanks and take battle vehicle rides around an assault course.
• Fair on the Yare, Claxton Manor, 12pm-4pm, Adults £2, Children £1, Family (2 adults and 2 children) £5
A whole host of events will be taking place at Claxton Manor this weekend for Fair on the Yare, including a fun dog show, crafts, an air show, live music, gun dog demonstration,a BBQ and much more. Proceeds will be going to The Big C, East Anglian Air Ambulance, St Andrews Church and Claxton and Carlton St Peter Village Hall.
• Tarot, shopping and pamper evening, Ashill Community Centre, Ashill, 6pm-9pm, £1 on door, 50p in advance
A charity fundraising evening will be taking place at Ashill Community Centre on Sunday evening, which will feature activities such as, tarot card reading, shopping, facials, crystal healing and gel nails.
• Are you hosting a local event? Submit it as a listing to our website here.