Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here's a quick guide to some of the events taking place across Norfolk on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday June 11
• The Stradsett Country and Craft Show, Stradsett Hall, 10am-5pm, £7.50 for adults, £6.50 concessions and £2.50 for children
This year's Stradsett Country and Craft Show will see several new and exciting additions to the line up, such as the Stunt Monkeys and a World of Birds flying demonstration featuring vultures and storks. Regular attractions will be on offer throughout the day including food and drink markets, a bake off, festival of dogs and trade stands.
You may also want to watch:
• Smiles at Sandringham, Sandringham Country Park, 10am-2pm, £2 per person to register, under 5s free
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
Nelson's Journey, a charity dedicated to supporting bereaved young people in Norfolk, will be holding a memorial walk and activity day this weekend at Sandringham Country Park. Activities on the day include face painting, memory stone making, arts and crafts and games. The event is open to all families and not just those supported by the charity.
• Costume Weekend, Oxburgh Hall, 11am-4pm, National Trust members free, non-members standard entry prices apply
This weekend Oxburgh Hall will be stepping back in time to early Tudor England to show visitors what it was like to be part of a big estate during Henry VII's reign. Volunteers will provide an authentic Tudor experience with costumes, sewing displays and replica artefacts.
Sunday June 12
• Roaring Twenties, King's Lynn Tuesday Market Place, 10am-4pm, free entry
A free family fun day is being held in King's Lynn this weekend in celebration of the Her Majesty the Queen's 90th birthday. The event will have a roaring twenties theme, allowing visitors to discover what life was like in the golden age. Activities on the day will include fairground stalls, a cocktail bar with themed drinks, fancy dress competition, timed talks about 1920s fashion and Charleston inspired dance classes.
• Diss Carnival and Fun Day, Various places in Diss, 11.45pm-6pm, Adults £1, under 10s free
The Diss Carnival will be celebrating the Queen's 90 years and this year will kick off with music and dancing by LK School of Dance at 11.45am in the Market Place. The street parade will follow on from this at 12.45 led by the Smokehouse Blue Jazz Band. From 2pm onwards the Fun Day will be taking place at Diss Town Football Club with a range of entertainment and activities on offer, including live music, the Rollapaluza cycle challenge, stalls, food and drink and the Highline Adventure Spider Web Mountain.
• Plantation Garden Vintage Fair and Tea Dance, Plantation Garden, Norwich, 12pm-5pm, Adults £2.50, Children free
Plantation Garden will once again be hosting an afternoon of vintage shopping and dancing. Gates open at 12pm and the Tea Dance is scheduled to take place from 1pm until 4pm with music from the 1930s to the 1960s. Tea, coffee and a selection of homemade cakes will be available throughout the day.
• Are you holding a local event? You can submit it to our website here.