Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
From music festivals to beach volleyball tournaments there's a lot going on in Norfolk this weekend, so to help you decide where to go and what to do, here's a quick guide to some of the events taking place.
Saturday June 25
• The Rudhams' Village Fete, East Rudham Playing Field, 12pm-4pm, Free Entry
A traditional village summer fete is being held in East Rudham this Saturday and is set to feature a range of activities and stalls including a dog show, craft stalls, a children's play area, inflatables for adults and children alike, as well as a beer tent and a BBQ.
You may also want to watch:
• Cromer Pier Show, Pavilion Theatre, Cromer, 8pm, £10 - £39.50
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
Cromer Pier Show is the only end-of-the-pier show in the world, and every season, a dedicated team put on a set of three shows each featuring different music, dances, comedy and glittering costumes. The first show of the summer season kicks off on Saturday and will run until September 10. The 39th annual show will be headed up by Comedian Phil Butler and James BuSTAR.
• Festival Too, King Staithe Square, King's Lynn, 8pm, Free Entry
Saturday is the opening night of Festival Too a annual nonprofit music event that is entirely free to attend. This year's festival will take place between June 25 and July 9 and will see the likes of The Vamps and Gabrielle take to the stage. The opening night in King's Lynn will feature fireworks, fairground rides, food stalls and performances from cover band Bear Club.
Sunday June 26
• Green Festival, Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden, South Walsham, 10am-5pm, Tickets included in Garden Entry price, Free to Members.
Fairhaven's Green Festival is a unique day out that the whole family can get involved with. Featuring crafts, boat trips, environmental activities, green living advice and children's entertainment, there's a lot to be learnt and a lot for everyone to do.
• Hunstanton Carnival, Hunstanton Town Centre, 10am, Free Entry.
The 2016 Hunstanton Carnival will be taking place on Sunday with a 'Best of British' theme. A variety of stalls will be on offer and there will also be live music, dancing, a demonstration by Wildcat Aerobatics and a carnival procession which is set to leave Hunstanton Recreation Ground at 1pm.
• Volleyball England Beach Tour, Gorleston-on-Sea beach, 8.30am, Free to watch
The Volleyball England Beach Tour is heading to Norfolk this weekend to find some of the best players the country has to offer. Registered teams will play throughout the day, with juniors starting at 8.30am and adults starting from 9am.
• Are you holding a local event? Why not submit it to the listings on our website.