Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here's a look at some of the events taking place across the county on Saturday and Sunday - including a little Fathers Day inspiration.
Saturday June 18
• Caister Lifeboat Beer and Cider Festival, Caister Lifeboat Station, 12pm-12am, £5 (price includes first pint)
Caister Beer and Cider Festival takes place over three days in the lifeboat shed, with all the beer and cider you could possibly want to try and this Saturday will feature live music from Annie's Jaxx and Loui Lou and The Geezers.
• Journey Through the Ages Vintage Rally, Goodrich Park, Palgrave, 10am, Adults: £6, Children £4
You may also want to watch:
The fourth Journey Through the Ages show will be taking place at Goodrich Park this weekend, with over 450 exhibits covering everything from vintage tractors to classic cars. There will also be trade stands, a vintage fairground, alpacas, donkey rides, giant tortoises and birds of prey displays.
• Aylsham Garden Show, Woodgate Nursery, Aylsham, 10am-4.30pm, Free entry, donations welcome
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
Woodgate Garden's annual Garden Show is back, and this year aims to inspire even more budding gardeners and raise even more money for The Liz Jones Memorial Trust which supports young children around the Alysham area through various projects. Young visitors will be able to have their face painted, compete in a treasure hunt and enter a raffle to win a wheelbarrow full of goodies. There will also be craft stands and a chance to chat with garden designers, including Ian Cooper from IFC Landscapes and Ace of Spaces Garden Design.
Sunday June 19
• Diss Cyclathon, Corn Hall, Diss, 12pm-5pm, Prices vary depending on route
Beginning in Diss, cyclists can take one of three routes around the surrounding areas travelling either 25 miles to Harleston and back, 50 miles through Harleston, Long Stratton, Wymondham and Attleborough or 100 miles through nine different towns. Diss CTC will also be running a 'Come Try Cycling' event between 10am and 12pm offering people the chance to try a much shorter route and discover the fun of local cycling.
• Fathers VIP Day, Bure Valley Railway, Wroxham, 11:10am, Adult £23.50, Child £12.50, Under 5's free
A special train and lunch package has been organised at Bure Valley Railway for Fathers Day this weekend. The journey will begin in Wroxham and travel nine miles through Norfolk countryside to finish in Alysham where passengers will receive a complimentary drink and enjoy a two-course lunch. After this, each father will be given the opportunity to drive a steam engine before returning to Wroxham.
• Gory Stories on a Wicked Walk, The Fishermen's Hospital, Great Yarmouth, 2pm, Adults £3.75, Children £1.50, Children under 7 free
An evening for lovers of all things gory, the Wicked Walk will take you on a journey around the town as you learn all about its unpleasant history, including a murder in the Rows, body snatching and witch hunts. The walk is scheduled to last approximately two hours.
• Are you holding a local event? You can submit it for listing on our website here.