Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: submitted
Need some ideas for the weekend? Here are some of the activities taking place in Norfolk on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday 9 April
• Meet SpongeBob SquarePants, Lower ground mall of intu Chapelfield, 11am - 3.30pm, free entry
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? This weekend children will have the opportunity to meet Nikelodeon cartoon character SpongeBob SquarePants at intu Chapelfield. Meet and greet entry will be on a first come, first served basis, with wristbands issued at the event on Lower Ground Mall near Boots.
You may also want to watch:
• Choirfest: Sea Change, Pavilion theatre at Cromer Pier, 7.30pm, £6
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 6 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 9 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 10 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
Choirfest 2016 is an evening of song presented from the choirs of North Norfolk featuring a range of classical and contemporary music. Each choir will perform on their own and then join together with other choirs for a show-stopping finale.
• Made in Dagenham the musical, Norwich Playhouse, 2.30pm and 7.30pm, £16-£18
Inspired by a true story and based on the hit movie of the same name, this British musical comedy is a tale of friendship, love and highlights the importance of fighting for what is right. The show follows Rita, a worker at the Ford Motor Co. plant in Dagenham in 1968, who leads her colleagues in a strike against the might of both the company and the union that is supposed to protect them.
Sunday 10 April
• Antiques Fair, De Vere Dunston Hall, 10.30am - 4pm, Adults £3, under 16s accompanied by an adult free
Norfolk Fairs will be holding an antiques fair at Dunston Hall this weekend comprised of around 55 tables full of antiques on offer from experienced and reputable dealers. The fair is date lined to 1940.
• True Stories, Norwich Arts Centre, 8pm, £2-£10
Molly Naylor, LJHope Productions, Writers Centre Norwich and NAC presents True Stories, a brand new event that allows members of the public to come together to share their own true stories. The tales will be based around a given theme and told without notes from non-performers and performers alike. April's theme is lost and found. To speak at the event and for more information email email@example.com
• Russell Watson, Norwich Theatre Royal, 7.30pm, £8 - £45.50
Tenor, Russell Watson, the UK's best-selling classical crossover artist returns to Norwich this weekend with a collection of his most-loved songs.
• Are you holding an event this weekend, you can list it on the EDP website.