Sir Tom Jones returns to perform at Euston Hall near Thetford
- Credit: Submitted
The legendary singer will perform six decades worth of hits at Euston Hall near Thetford in July, a year after his concert at Holkham Hall suffered problems with traffic gridlock.
Music legend Sir Tom Jones has announced he will be touring some of the UK's most historic locations this summer – including a date at Euston Hall near Thetford.
Sir Tom's distinctive baritone voice and iconic hits have earned him a place as one of the nation's best loved artists and the concert will no doubt feature a collection of his hits across the decades.
He first cut his teeth singing in dance halls and working men's clubs of the Welsh valleys around his native Pontypridd as the frontman for Tommy Scott and the Senators, a Welsh beat group and then as a solo performer after cutting some tracks with legendary producer Joe Meek.
But when his second solo single, It's Not Unusual, was released in 1965 it led to instant international fame.
You may also want to watch:
With more than 100million record sales under his belt - including the instantly recognisable hits Kiss, Delilah and What's New Pussycat - he has over the decades managed to keep relevant and to continue having hits with an eclectic musical mix spanning pop, rock, soul, RnB, dance, country and gospel.
The return to the region comes a year after the It's Not Unusual singer performed against the backdrop of north Norfolk stately home Holkham Hall, a concert that was marred by ticketholders being left angry and frustrated when they found themselves stuck on gridlocked roads for more than three hours.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
He will perform at Euston Hall, which is just south of Thetford, on Friday, July 6. Tickets go on general sale at 9am this Friday, March 2, via ticketmaster.co.uk